People keep asking me "So what are you going to do while you're back?" I have a bit of déja vu when I hear it - people were asking me the same about my last 6 months in New Zealand without a job. (Which was totally awesome, by the way.)
It's a fair question. Most people either have jobs or are looking for jobs. And I would be too, if it weren't for circumstances: the UK is (still) not a good place for jobs right now, and I'm only back for a few months. So I'm gladly sidestepping the stress of jobhunting, for now!
Thankfully I'm someone who has plenty of Shit To Be Getting On With - not having a job doesn't fill me with despair, it fills me with awesome. So here's what I will (hopefully) be doing over the next 5 months in Angleterre:
- T-shirt designing - going well, but long way to go
- Volunteering - A prime opportunity and long overdue
- Crafting - I like my clothes individual!
- Music - The gigging & recording must continue
- Writing/Editing - Maybe I'll finally do those edits for No Up?
- Exercise - 3 weeks in Bangkok eating and not running is NOT good for you
- Learn to drive? Thinking about finally getting my licence, if I can afford it
- See Europe - Couple of visits to friends on the continent are definitely on the cards
- Spending time with friends and family. More than just 2-3 weeks this time. Finally!